Sunday, June 19, 2011

The New Office

So tomorrow is the first day in our new office. For the past few weeks RWE has been renting office space at Rockefeller Center, however we'll now be housed in the MetLife Building, directly across from Bryant Park. Here are a few pictures of the view from inside the building:








When I took this picture of the Chrysler Building I was in the middle of a game of pool. I've already told Jen that we may be taking a date night to shoot pool and look at the light of Manhattan.


In one of our conference rooms you can look out and see Brooklyn and Queens in the distance. Of course, you can also see the Empire State Building. The way I figure it, only a sucker would pay for his kids to get a view of the city from the observation deck at Rockefeller Center or the Empire State Building when a decent knock-off view could be had for free.





The picture below is a view of the New Year's Eve ball in Times Square. To be honest, it isn't the easiest view to get,

you need to squash your face against the glass and close one eye. However, if you can deal with the inconvenience it's better than dealing with all of the yahoos in Times Square.






Now this picture is not of the view looking out, but rather is a view of our office set up. No cubicles and no offices, everyone right on the trading floor. This is good and bad, good because I'm that the station against the far wall with the C.E.O. and the traders, bad because I don't have any wall space to hang my rail and barge system maps on. Oh, well, I suppose I'll have other opportunities before I retire to sequester myself away from the rest of the employees.



















No comments: